ESL has considerable expertise in the designing and monitoring Resettlement Action Plans (RAP) for mining, hydropower and road projects. We provide assistance to private sector project developers as well as government regulators to help ensure that resettlement is conducted with minimal impact to affected communities and in accordance with national policies and guidelines and – where applicable – the international standards of multilateral partners such as the IFC, World Bank and ADB.
- Conducting socio-economic baseline studies in resettled communities to identify and scope key resettlement issues
- Compiling the Inventory of Loss (IOL) through community consultations and field survey.
- Creating GIS maps to accurately define impacted land and assets
- Designing appropriate strategies and concrete measures for resettlement and compensation
- Advising on appropriate compensation rates based on the experience of comparable projects
- Drafting of Resettlement Action Plans in the format required by government regulators and/or project financers
- Environmental and social advisory services to Nam Lik 1 Hydropower Project, Vientiane Province.
- ESIA including Resettlement Action Plan for Nam Ou Hydropower Project in Luang Nam Tha Province.
- ESIA including Resettlement Action Plan for SLACO Bauxite Mine in Champassak Province.
- Initial Environmental Examination (IEE), Environmental Management Plan (EMP), & Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) on behalf of JICA for the Pakbo–Saravan Transmission Line