Lao PDR is vulnerable to a number of geological, hydro-meteorological and manmade hazards that affect different parts of the country with varying degrees of severity. These include flooding and drought, storms, landslides, unexploded ordnance (UXO), earthquakes, crop pests, livestock disease outbreaks and human health epidemics. ESL provides disaster risk management advisory services to private and public sector clients.
Our services including:
- Disaster inventory and hazard mapping
- Disaster mitigation and prevention plan
- Disaster risk analysis
- Disaster risk management training and awareness
- Technical assessment of gender and disaster risk issues in Lao PDR for World Bank
- Consultations for development of a Rural Livelihood Improvement Pilot, Vientiane, Lao PDR