Building capacity among staff working for companies, projects and government is in many cases a pre-requisite for successfully implementing programmer and achieving required outcomes. ESL has a demonstrated track record in building the technical and managerial capacity of local government officers, company staff, and community members on a range of topics relating to environmental management and monitoring, social impact assessment, GIS and community development.
ESL Services include:
- Capacity gap analysis and training needs assessment
- Training, coaching and mentoring of staff
- Organising public awareness campaigns
- Designing best practice environmental management programs.
- Developing management systems documentation (strategic plans, guidelines, procedures and data collection systems)
- IT systems, database design and management etc.
- Technical assistance to Nam Ngum 5
- Refresher training on World Bank Environmental safeguard for EDL staff
- Technical assistant to government staff of the Environmental Management Unit (EMU) for Nam Theun 2
- Capacity building for Vilabouly District government staff involved in Environmental and Social Management for the MMG Sepon operation
- Strengthening of environmental management capacity of the Science Technology and Environment Agency (STEA)